Wednesday, August 17, 2011

End of July

Summer is my FAVORITE time of year. I love the sunshine and warm weather, and in NYC, I love all the fun things there are to do.

Well it just recently it hit me that the days are getting shorter and summer is more than half over, so I kind of kicked into overdrive trying to make sure we take advantage of every free moment before the cold weather comes and we go into hibernation.
So sorry for the long blog post, but we've been so busy I haven't had time to blog. 
Here is our update for the end of July.

Metropolitan Opera in the Park
Such a beautiful ampitheater in the Jackie Robinson Park in Harlem. Loved sitting on the bench with Hubs with my eyes closed. The music was incredible! And don't forget the popcorn!
Alexander McQueen Exhibit
We rushed to the MET and waited in line for an hour to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit before it left. We loved it! Such a talented (and crazy) designer. It was fun to see his different perspectives and emotions come out in his fashion. Incredible exhibit, and the gowns were to die for!
Rockaway Beach
We borrowed Jon and Leah's car for the day with plans to head out to the Hamptons. However, with ridiculous traffic and NO A/C, we had to reroute ourselves to Rockaway beach (the closest beach, and the one you can actually get to by subway, haha). We did get to enjoy a few hours in the sun. And, oh, did I mention that Greg's brother Eric is now living in the city? So fun! We did enjoy a nice breeze and great views of the city on our way home.
Friends, Cupcakes and Bocce Ball
I had never even heard of bocce ball before. Turns out, I'm a natural! You can see below the results of my very first toss - it happens to be the blue ball RIGHT NEXT to the white one. And fortunately, my luck didn't stop there! Greg and I dominated winning 3 out of 3 matches. Such a fun Sunday evening - perfect weather, the park of course was beautiful and we got to share it with great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment