Friday, January 28, 2011

Up and Running Again!


Please excuse my month long absence from the blog world. I got sick right around the holidays, was out for about two weeks and have been trying to make up for lost time ever since. Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) life has been pretty uneventful. Due to the horrifically cold weather and tremendous amounts of snow in the city, we have been hibernating most of the month of January. So here is our month in review.

We rang in the year 2011 with Jon and Leah and some friends...and of course Pug (who was especially excited to celebrate with us)!

We had our first official guest. Greg's sister, Valerie, come to stay with us for about a week. We had so much fun taking her out around the city. We were especially grateful to spend time with her as she will be in Paris for the next 18 months serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. These pictures are all of us on the Staten Island Ferry. It was so cold and windy outside...quite the experience!




Greg and I celebrated the anniversary of our first date (Jan 12) by going back to the same restaurant where we met for dinner. It was so fun to reminisce about that night and talk about how excited we both were to get to know each other better. It really has been such a great year!
We started sending our laundry out. With Greg and me both working full-time and wanting to spend all of our free time together (instead of doing chores around the house) we decided to send out the laundry. Nacho promptly came to the apartment to pick it up and delivered it that evening, all 50 pounds perfectly cleaned and folded! Not sure why we didn't think of this months ago!

And of course, we continue to work on setting up our little apartment. This month's big project: putting up the curtains. Good thing my BFF Natalie had a drill and level and was willing to come up and help me! We actually did a pretty amazing job...and had fun jammin' to some Bruno Mars tunes while we worked!


So I think I heard there is more snow in the forecast for this weekend. Today I decided to change my wallpaper to a photo from the honeymoon, just to remind myself that hopefully spring will be here soon!

5 comments:

  1. Have you ever seen such well-hung curtains? Except maybe in my apartment :) We are legit handy-women!

    And I'm glad you joined the world of sending out your laundry. You won't regret it. I promise.

    P.S. I'm glad I "FINALLY" made the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having so much fun!
    We will have to come bother you guys sometime.
    NY has always been a dream of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apartment looks so cute! I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. If Nacho ever mentions he's like to leave New York, tell him there's plenty of laundry work at a certain house in Rawlins, WY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous that Valerie got to spend all that time with you! When I got home from Paris and sat for a month I wondered why I hadn't just flown to New York again instead of Cali. Hopefully I can see you guys again soon!

    ReplyDelete